- 2 cups crushed Butterfinger candy bars (about 16 fun-sized bars)
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (optional, for smoother dipping)
- Butterfinger or chocolate sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Prepare the Butterfinger Mixture:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the crushed Butterfinger candy bars and softened cream cheese. Mix until well combined. You can use a food processor to crush the candy bars or crush them in a sealed plastic bag using a rolling pin.
- Shape into Balls:
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator to chill for about 30 minutes. Chilling makes them easier to dip in chocolate.
- Melt Chocolate:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval until the chocolate is smooth. If desired, add a tablespoon of vegetable shortening to the chocolate and stir until smooth. The shortening helps the chocolate coat the balls more smoothly.
- Dip the Balls:
- Using a fork or toothpick, dip each chilled Butterfinger ball into the melted chocolate, ensuring it’s completely coated. Allow any excess chocolate to drip off.
- Decorate (Optional):
- While the chocolate is still wet, you can decorate the Butterfinger Balls with additional crushed Butterfinger candy or chocolate sprinkles if desired.
- Set on Wax Paper:
- Place the coated Butterfinger Balls back on the wax paper-lined baking sheet.
- Chill Again:
- Return the baking sheet to the refrigerator and let the chocolate coating harden for at least 1 hour.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, your Butterfinger Balls are ready to serve. Enjoy!
These Butterfinger Balls are a delightful treat for Butterfinger candy lovers. They are perfect for parties, holiday gatherings, or as a sweet indulgence anytime you’re craving a little something special.